We have recently been working to update our website with richer content and photos, all in the hopes our site will better serve the needs of our customers. We have been collecting new photos of the exteriors of our buildings and of empty suites, but we kept thinking of how great it would be to have some photos of suites with furniture and other furnishings in them. An empty suite doesn’t look much like a home, and since we want to provide homes for our tenants, not just apartments, we decided to involve you in the process.
If you are a budding photographer or have an apartment that you think is worth of taking centre-stage, then submit a photo of the inside of your place to us. We will also be accepting photos of the outside of your building, or around your neighbourhood if you feel that there is a standout feature or attraction such as a park or famous landmark. If our selection committee chooses your photo, not only will it be displayed on our website for the world to see, your name will also be entered into the grand prize draw for a 16 GB Apple iPad!
How it works:
1. Photo contest runs from July 1 to September 30, 2012. The deadline to submit will be 11:59 PM.
2. Submissions must be made by the leaseholder to email@example.com
3. The subject line of your submission email should read: Submission [City that you live], example: Submission Edmonton
4. In the body of your email please include your name, phone number, email and address (be sure to include the suite number of the building that you live in).
5. Photos must be in JPEG format and saved in the following fashion: Firstname-lastname-city-address.jpeg; example: john-doe-lethbridge.jpeg
6. Photos from the submissions will be chosen by our selection committee. There is no limit to the amount of photos the selection committee can choose: if 500 photos are submitted, there is the possibility that 500 will be selected.
7. If your photos are chosen to be displayed on our website, you will be entered into a draw to win an Apple iPad (16 GB WiFi model). There’s no limit to how many of your photos will get picked and how many times you can be entered into the draw. For example, if you submit 50 photos and 20 of them get selected, then your name will be entered into the draw 20 times!
8. You may also submit photos of other avenue living buildings in your city or area if you so wish. All of our addresses are listed on our website. This is a great way for you to increase your chance of winning as they will count towards your submissions and earn you more ballots if they are selected!
9. Draw will be made on October 15, 2012 at 10:00 AM. The winner will be announced shortly after via the avenue living Facebook Page, so be sure to “Like” our page to stay in the know!
1. Contest open to residents of aveune living buildings only.
2. Participants must be residents of an avenue living building at the time of the draw to be able to claim the prize.
3. Photos must be original work by entrant. If participants submit work that is discovered to be copywrighted material then their entry will be considered void and they will be banned from any future avenue living promotional contests.
4. The grand prize is one Apple iPad 16 GB WiFi only model (approximate retail calue $519 CAD). There is no cash value associated with the prize. Participant will have no choice in colour of the iPad. No accessories or additional applications are included.
5. Submissions must be made by the leaseholder. If you are under 18 or a co-resident whose name is not on the lease, then you must arrange for the leaseholder to submit your entry on your behalf.
6. By submitting photos for the contest you are authorizing avenue living to use them for promotional purposes including publication on our website. We may also use them for other purposes including, but not limited to, web advertisements, print advertisements and internal communication.