Canada Day is here! After a long COVID-19 break, many are wanting to go out and enjoy events like the Canada Day fireworks.
Many cities across the country are holding Canada Day events with firework shows to end the day. We have put together a list of places where you can see them from (or near) your Avenue Living Communities (ALC) apartment.
11:30 p.m., 800 Macleod Trail S.E., Calgary.ca
The City of Calgary is holding many Canada Day events this year, lighting up the sky with a firework show at 11:30 p.m. from the Municipal Building. You can watch the fireworks outside the building or on the Livestream from the comfort of your home.
There are a few ALC apartments near the venue, so you can walk or have a quick drive to see the fireworks.
- - The Barnhart is less than a 20-minute walk or a six-minute drive to Calgary’s firework show
- - 604 14 Ave S.W. is less than a 30-minute walk or a seven-minute drive to Calgary’s firework show
- - Meredith Road Apartments is a little closer with a 13-minute walk to Calgary’s firework show
Calgarians, you are in for a treat this Canada Day, with memorable festivities and a special speech from the mayor; we hope to see you there!
11 p.m., 9100 Walterdale Hill, edmonton.ca
Edmonton is going to have its firework show over the River Valley for Canada Day at 11 p.m. Launching from Kinsmen Park you can see the show from the Alberta Legislature Grounds, Victoria Park, Ezio Faraone Park, or from the Livestream. Keep in mind that there will be several road closers; plan ahead so you can get the best views of the show.
We have many ALC apartments that are less than a 10-minute drive from any of the sightseeing locations – so you don’t have to worry about travelling far for the show. Here is a list of four of our closest locations to see the fireworks.
- - Louise Apartments is a 14-minute walk to see the show or a eight-minute drive to see the show
- - Madison Arms is less than a 30-minute walk or a seven-minute drive to see the show
- - Steven Manor is less than a 30-minute walk or a seven-minute drive to see the show
- - Dougall Apartments is also less than a 30-minute walk or a seven-minute drive to see the show
Grab a blanket, some snacks, and enjoy the show, Edmontonians!
10:30 p.m., 604 Broadway Ave., canadadaysaskatoon.ca
For Canada Day in Saskatoon, there will be a firework show from the Broadway Bridge at 10:30 p.m. The fireworks can be seen from Traffic Bridge, River Landing, Rotary Park and even from one of ALC’s buildings! Here is a list of apartments that are the closest to the show.
- - Crescent Towers has a spectacular view of the South Saskatchewan River where you will be able to get the best seats to the firework show – straight from your balcony!
- - Berkeley Manor is a two-minute walk to the river where you can see the show
- - Caswell Manor is less than a 20-minute walk to River Landing
- - Rideau Classic is less than a 20-minute walk to Broadway Bridge
- - Sabra Apartments is less than a 30-minute walk or a seven-minute drive to Broadway Bridge
Make sure to plan ahead, so you can get the best view of the show!
10:30 p.m., 2900 Wascana Dr., todocanada.ca
Regina will be hosting Canada Day events all day at Wascana Park, including a firework show that ends the day at 10:30 p.m. or later, depending on when the sun sets. The show will be able to be seen throughout the whole park; however, we suggest getting a seat near the lakeshore for the best views. With tourism at a high, we have put together a list of ALC apartments that are within walking distance of the show – so you don’t have to look for parking or worry about traffic.
- - Laney Lodge is a 20-minute walk to Wascana Place
- - Chateau Apartments is a 20-minute walk to Wascana Place
- - Linden Manor is a 20-minute walk to Wascana Place
It might seem that these locations are a longer walk than the rest, but Wascana Park is a large area, and you can pick a spot anywhere near the lakeshore to see the fireworks. So, grab those lawn chairs and enjoy the show!