The time after the holidays can be hard for many folks. Food bank shelves could be depleted, but many families and communities are still in need.
With that in mind, Avenue Living Communities (ALC) wants to continue supporting the communities we live and work in by giving back. We will be hosting local food drives throughout February 2022.
Getting involved with your local food bank is a great way to immerse yourself in the community and support those around you. We encourage you to find a food bank in your area and reach out to see what items they need most.
Location: All ALC regions. Check out your community board or connect with your Residential Portfolio Manager for more details on your local drive.
When: Feb. 7, 2022 – Feb. 28, 2022.
Tag us in any pictures on social of you participating and giving back to your local community!
LinkedIn: @Avenue Living Communities
Want to help but can’t donate?
Here are some additional ways to get involved with your local food bank:
- Delivering meals: With many local shelters, you can deliver food to those most in need
- Volunteer online: You can get your shift online, with food banks asking volunteers to raise awareness and help fundraise
- Sorting and packing food: Help keep shelves stocked, and get food packed and prepared
- Donating canned goods and nonperishable items: Drop off canned goods and most in-demand items
- Assisting at mobile pantries, or no-contact distribution: Take food and meals to people through no-contact distribution
We look forward to supporting the families in our communities together!