Are you a handyman and very skillful in general repairs and renovations in a multifamily housing residential environment? Do you possess working knowledge of building systems?
Then this job is for you!
What you will be doing:
- Complete in-suite turnover activities, including both light and heavy maintenance; this could include repair or replacement of appliances, kitchen or bathroom fixtures, basic carpentry, etc.
- Complete appliance repairs, routine plumbing repairs, repairs and maintenance requiring carpentry skills, painting, flooring installation, and basic electrical repairs
- Safely use and maintain tools of the job
- Inspect grounds, facilities, and equipment to determine if repairs or preventative maintenance is required
- Take initiative to correct deficiencies as necessary
- Perform vacant unit checks
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of all electrical, mechanical and work areas; as well as supply and storage areas
- Adhere to building codes and specifications
- Comply with health & safety procedures ensuring the use of required safety equipment and identifying unsafe practices and conditions while maintaining a clean and safe working environment
- Respond to after-hours emergencies when on call
- Estimate labour and material costs and maintain required inventory
What you need to succeed:
- 3-5 years' experience in general building renovations and repairs in a residential environment
- Basic carpentry and handyman skills are required (including drywall, plumbing, minor electrical and painting experience)
- A keen ability to recognize problems, and create an effective course of action to solve the issue
- Excellent customer service and relationship-building skills
- Superior organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task/prioritize and work under tight timeline
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-directed
- A professional and positive company image
- Ability to thrive in an ever-changing environment
- Must supply own tools
- Must possess a valid provincial driver's license and have a reliable vehicle
- Must have CSA rated steel-toed footwear
- Must successfully clear a criminal background check
What we offer:
- Competitive hourly base pay
- Profit sharing
- Exciting opportunities in a dynamic and rapidly-expanding company
How to apply:
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please submit your resume.
Avenue Living is a fast-paced, fast-growing owner and operator of apartment buildings in Western Canada. Backed by our entrepreneurial spirit, passion and commitment to great customer service and satisfaction, we have acquired a portfolio in excess of 8000 apartments since our inception in 2006 and are continuing with this aggressive growth plan.