Take the exciting next step in your career!
Join a friendly, dynamic team of experience professionals!
Earn highly competitive compensation and excellent benefits including monthly incentives and profit sharing.
Avenue Living is a fast-paced, fast-growing owner and operator of apartment buildings in Western Canada. Backed by our entrepreneurial spirit, passion and commitment to great customer service and satisfaction, our portfolio boasts 9000 rental apartments that span across the mid-west provinces. As a rapidly growing industry leader creating new opportunities, we are passionate about our employees and dedicated to maintaining a safe and stimulating work environment where our employees can thrive.
In this role, you will be providing support to both our Wetaskiwin and Camrose offices. With over 50 employees in each office working to provide quality rental accommodations that our customers can happily call home, our Wetaskiwin and Camrose offices are busy environments made up of close-knit groups that feels more like a family than a team.
As a Leasing Specialist, you will be responsible for providing excellent customer service to both new and prospective residents, showing suites to prospects, screening and qualifying applicants, executing leases, collecting rent, coordinating rent renewals, maintaining positive resident relations, and responding to a variety of inquiries in a pleasant and professional manner.
What you will be doing:
- Managing and maintaining positive resident relations by providing prompt and courteous service to prospective and current residents
- Maintaining product knowledge including availability of suite types and layouts, common areas and amenities of the building and the surrounding neighbourhood. Performing follow-up calls to provide information and overcome objections
- Showing available suites to prospective residents
- Screening and qualifying residents
- Ensuring that prospective resident applications and leases are completed correctly and in full.
- Completing accurate, detailed move in/out inspections and reports
- Collecting, depositing and recording all rent collections
- Proactively initiating rent renewals by booking appointments with residents prior to leases expiring to discuss options
- Walking through buildings daily to maintain a presence in the buildings and inspect vacant suites to ensure they are rent ready
- Reporting deficiencies in rent-ready suites
- Initiating and executing evictions when required following the guidelines set out by Avenue Living
- Responding to resident inquiries, complaints, and concerns promptly and providing a remedy where possible; escalating complaints as needed.
What you need to succeed:
- Previous customer service, sales, property management, collections or community relations experience
- A valid driver's license and reliable transportation (required)
- A clear criminal background check (required)
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- Ability to build positive rapport with your colleagues and tenants
- A naturally assertive nature that will enable you to have tough conversations when they arise but strong interpersonal skills that will ensure you lead those tough conversations to a mutually positive outcome.
- Keen attention to detail
- Good computer skills with the ability to work within multiple programs and systems at the same time; proficient in Microsoft Office
- Highly adaptable and reliable
- Able to work under minimal supervision
What we offer:
- Competitive base pay plus monthly incentives
- Group health and dental benefits through Manulife
- Annual profit sharing
- Huge opportunities for career progression as our dynamic organization continues to grow
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- A leadership team dedicated to every employee's development and success