Avenue Living Communities, a fast-paced, fast-growing owner and operator of apartment buildings in Western Canada is looking for a Journeyperson Plumber to assist our Calgary team. Backed by our entrepreneurial spirit, passion and commitment to great customer service and satisfaction, we have acquired a portfolio of 10,000 apartments since our inception in 2006 and are continuing with this aggressive growth plan.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Install, replace, repair and maintain plumbing systems as per requirements of the electrical code and certification.
- Upgrade plumbing systems in residential structures.
- Perform residential service calls to diagnose and resolve plumbing and heating issues.
- Perform weekly/monthly inspections for boilers, furnaces and hot water tanks.
- Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves and appliances.
- Test pipe systems for leaks
- Select the type and size of pipe required and measure, cut, thread, bend, clamp, solvent cement, or solder pipe.
- Install, repair and maintain residential and commercial or plumbing fixtures and systems
- Review blueprints, building codes or specifications to determine work details and procedures.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED?
- Red Seal Journeyperson Plumber or Gasfitter
- Knowledge of applicable plumbing codes, standards and regulations.
- Experience in a residential multi-family environment is an asset.
- Must possess a valid class 5 driver's license & provide a clean driver abstract.
- Must complete & pass a criminal background check.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- We live and breathe our core values. We go the extra mile. We're honest. We always have each other's back. We have tons of integrity. And we always own it and adapt – no matter the challenge.
- With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make.
- We provide a competitive compensation package composed of a group benefits plan, rent subsidy and discretionary profit-sharing program.
- We are committed to a strong safety work environment.
What makes us different makes us stronger. We want Avenue Living to be a great place to work for everyone; where people feel safe, included, inspired, trusted and supported so they can be, and bring, their best.
We're committed to creating a respectful and inclusive workplace where unique perspectives, experiences, backgrounds, cultures and attributes are valued and utilized to help achieve better results. As an organization with operations across different geographies, we celebrate the fact that our workforce is made up of people with diverse demographics.
We are committed to ensuring our workplace is fair, equitable and free of discrimination and harassment.