Avenue Living Communities, a fast-paced, fast-growing owner and operator of apartment buildings in Western Canada is looking for a Financial Analyst to join our team. Backed by our entrepreneurial spirit, passion and commitment to great customer service and satisfaction, we have acquired a portfolio of 9000 apartments since our inception in 2006 and are continuing with this aggressive growth plan.
To support this growth, we are seeking a Financial Analyst to join our head office team.
What you will be doing:
- Prepare payables and cheque run reports weekly.
- Analyze advances to suppliers account; ensure the advances are recovered from the suppliers on a weekly basis and in a timely manner.
- Analyze financial data by collecting, monitoring and creating cash requirements and financial models for decision support.
- Develop and maintain financial models to calculate KPI and monitor trends. Provide insight on trends to support decisions.
- Assist with weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual forecasting.
- Produce variance analysis on a monthly basis by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Perform cost analysis, provide trends and forecasts and explain processes and techniques.
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses.
- Study proposed changes in methods (Example: validate WIP reports).
- Support control mechanisms to ensure vendors billing is accurate.
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools.
What you need to succeed:
- Strong analytical (quantitative as well as qualitative) skills including building models and prior data mining.
- Ability to streamline functions and a passion to learn and grow.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel; familiarity with data query/data management tools extremely helpful e.g. MS Access.
- Strong financial modeling experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics.
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary
- Exciting opportunities in a dynamic and rapidly expanding company
How to apply:
If you feel you are uniquely qualified for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume.