WHO IS MINI MALL STORAGE PROPERTIES?
Mini Mall Storage Properties, a fast growing self-storage focused real estate company utilizing synergies to expand through out Canada, is looking for a Director, Maintenance Operations to join our team. With a proven track record of Management and an entrepreneurial spirit, and bringing technological change to an underserved industry, we are poised to quickly grow beyond $200M Assets Under Management with our forward thinking growth strategy.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Oversee and direct all maintenance activities on existing storage properties across Canada
- Work in collaboration with Regional Operational Managers to identify property improvements, and help organize the execution maintenance requests on the properties
- Assist with due diligence and acquisitions analysis to assess improvement opportunities, and manage rebranding efforts when we acquire a new property
- Plan and maintain project budgets with a value of >$25,000
- Assist with sourcing outside vendors; writing project scopes, receiving and auditing quotes, awarding work, and managing the contractors that are performing work on MiniMall properties
- Work collaboratively with Avenue Living's Capital Expenditure team to provide MiniMall leadership with accurate budgets and cashflow statements
WHAT WILL YOU NEED?
- 5-8 years experience in Facility Maintenance Management
- Previous experience with Self-Storage facilities would be considered an asset
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and communication skills with the ability to translate project information into concise packages of information
- Must be confident working independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be comfortable travelling up to 25% of the time across Canadian provinces
- Must complete & pass a criminal record check
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- We live and breathe our core values. We go the extra mile. We're honest. We always have each other's back. We have tons of integrity. And we always own it and adapt – no matter the challenge.
- With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make.
- We provide a competitive compensation package composed of a group benefits plan, RRSP matching program, rent subsidy and discretionary profit-sharing program.
- We are committed to a strong safety work environment.
What makes us different makes us stronger. We want Avenue Living to be a great place to work for everyone; where people feel safe, included, inspired, trusted and supported so they can be, and bring, their best.
We're committed to creating a respectful and inclusive workplace where unique perspectives, experiences, backgrounds, cultures and attributes are valued and utilized to help achieve better results. As an organization with operations across different geographies, we celebrate the fact that our workforce is made up of people with diverse demographics.
We are committed to ensuring our workplace is fair, equitable and free of discrimination and harassment.