Avenue Living Communities, a fast-paced, fast-growing owner and operator of apartment buildings in Western Canada is looking for a maintenance associate to join our team. Backed by our entrepreneurial spirit, passion and commitment to great customer service and satisfaction, we have acquired a portfolio in excess of 8000 apartments since our inception in 2006 and are continuing with this aggressive growth plan.
To support this growth we are seeking to welcome the right candidate into our family.
Are you a handyman and very skillful in general repairs and renovations in a multifamily housing residential environment? Do you possess working knowledge of building systems?
Then this job is for you.
- Repairs of apartment buildings
- Manage tenant requests, including proper follow-up to ensure satisfaction and completion;
- Complete maintenance checklist for unoccupied suites;
- Effectively troubleshoot minor appliance repairs;
- Possess working knowledge of building systems;
- Perform preventive maintenance essential to extending lifecycle of equipment and reducing costs;
- Adhere to building codes and specifications;
- Be available on call on a basis to deal with problems that occur after hours and/or weekends;
- Use above-average problem solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills;
- Estimate labour and material costs, as well as maintain required inventory;
- Assist with snow removal as required;
- Assist with garbage collection and removal of large items as require.
- 3-5 years' experience in general building repairs – residential environment
- Basic carpentry and handyman skills an asset (including drywall, plumbing, minor electrical and painting experience);
- Must supply own tools
- Must possess a valid provincial driver's license and have a reliable vehicle
- Must have a CSA rated steel-toed foot wear
- Must successfully complete a security clearance;
- You possess a keen ability to recognize problems, and create an effective course of action to solve the issue;
- You have excellent customer service and relationship-building skills;
- You are self-directed with the ability to effectively manage your time and resources to ensure deadlines are met;
- You have the ability to work with minimal supervision;
- You display a professional and positive company image;
- You thrive in an ever-changing environment.
- Competitive hourly wage
- Casual work environment;
- A leadership team dedicated to every employee's development and success;
- Challenging team work environment that demands innovative thinking;
- Exciting opportunities in a dynamic and rapidly-expanding company;
- Opportunities for career growth…we mean it!
Our people are our unique business advantage
***Only those candidates determined to be fully qualified for the position noted above will be contacted for interviews. avenue living is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. avenue livings hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. avenue living does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.