Avenue Living Communities, a fast-paced, fast-growing owner and operator of apartment buildings in Western Canada is looking for a Temporary Maintenance Associate, Unit Turn to support our Lethbridge team. Backed by our entrepreneurial spirit, passion and commitment to great customer service and satisfaction, we have acquired a portfolio of 10,000 apartments since our inception in 2006 and are continuing with this aggressive growth plan.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Responsible for completing in suite renovations.
- Perform basic carpentry including installing countertops, cabinets, and flooring.
- Complete regular plumbing tasks including both installation and maintenance of kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances.
- Maintain building heat-zone valves, and radiators.
- Paint including drywall, mudding, and taping.
- Complete minor electrical work including electrical plugs, switches, and lights.
- Demolition in preparation of renovations.
- Plan and organize the suite renovation including material management, tool requirements and supplies required to execute work scope.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED?
- 3-5 years' experience in general building renovations and repairs in a residential or commercial environment.
- Must be able to work independently and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Must be able to supply your own tools, SCSA steel toed boots and have a valid driver's license.
- Must complete & pass a criminal record check.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- We live and breathe our core values. We go the extra mile. We're honest. We always have each other's back. We have tons of integrity. And we always own it and adapt – no matter the challenge.
- With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make.
- We provide a competitive compensation package composed of a group benefits plan, rent subsidy and discretionary profit-sharing program.
- We are committed to a strong safety work environment.
What makes us different makes us stronger. We want Avenue Living to be a great place to work for everyone; where people feel safe, included, inspired, trusted and supported so they can be, and bring, their best.
We're committed to creating a respectful and inclusive workplace where unique perspectives, experiences, backgrounds, cultures and attributes are valued and utilized to help achieve better results. As an organization with operations across different geographies, we celebrate the fact that our workforce is made up of people with diverse demographics.
We are committed to ensuring our workplace is fair, equitable and free of discrimination and harassment.