Avenue Living is one of the largest private real estate owner/operators in Western Canada and has experienced rapid growth since our formation in 2006. Avenue Living is now one of Canada's largest real estate investment and management companies with over $1.5 billion in assets under management in the residential, commercial, agricultural and storage spaces. The Legal team currently consists of 4 lawyers and 4 support staff and is looking for additional support for its growing mandates.
About the Opportunity:
Avenue Living is recruiting for a Legal Counsel to join its team.
The successful candidate will report to the Associate General Counsel with a focus on corporate finance, securities, commercial and contractual matters, although the successful candidate can expect to be involved in legal and business matters in other areas from time to time.
Avenue Living is also in the process of developing creating a contract management role. Depending on the experience of the new Legal Counsel, there may be an opportunity to oversee the implementation of the contract management program and the to-be-hired contract manager.
The Preferred Candidate Will:
- Be a member in good standing with the Law Society of Alberta
- Have 3-6 years of post-call legal experience in corporate finance, securities and commercial work, preferably from a top-tier law firm
- Have superior contract drafting, negotiating and reviewing skills
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the exempt market, including NI 45-106 and NI 31-103
- Have experience drafting and reviewing offering documents, related marketing materials and subscription agreements
- Have experience independently managing corporate/commercial legal files
- Be a pragmatic lawyer that is able to provide practical, commercially-oriented legal support
Avenue Living prides itself on its unique culture and incredible people. Our stated core values are:
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Honest Communication
- In It Together
- Duty of Care
Avenue Living takes great efforts to ensure each new hire embodies its core values and style of work. The personal characteristics and cultural fit of the successful candidate are equally important to this role. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, with a customer service-oriented work style. He or she will thrive working independently, as well as part of a team.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check
- This posting will close on March 15, 2020