Avenue Living is a fast-paced, fast-growing owner and operator of apartment buildings in Western Canada. Backed by our entrepreneurial spirit, passion and commitment to great customer service and satisfaction, our portfolio boasts over 10,000 rental apartments that span across the mid-west provinces. As a rapidly growing industry leader creating new opportunities, we are passionate about our employees and dedicated to maintaining a safe and stimulating work environment where our employees can thrive.
As a Business Development Manager, you will utilize your knowledge of financial services industry and Avenue Living's investment offerings to proactively sell to the Advisor community and support the VP, Business Development. The key responsibility is to enhance and cultivate new sales while focused on retaining AUM. In partnership with the VP, Business Development design and implement business plans to reach and surpass sales and activity targets.
- Conduct proactive outbound sales calls following a consultative sales approach to identify needs, problems or opportunities in order to position Avenue Living's investment solutions;
- Execute business plan focusing on engaging in prospecting calls to expend the reach of Avenue Living's funds;
- Consistently meet minimum telephone contact standards and booked meeting standards;
- Consistently demonstrate effective management and prioritization of leads and timely meeting follow-up;
- Effectively utilize provided sales tools including technology (CRM, track and analyze the effectiveness/impact of prospecting);
- Partner with VP, Business Development through effective and ongoing communication and territory planning;
- Embrace accountability and have an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Travel: May be required to travel to support sales efforts
- Office: Time to be spent between - Work from home & Co-working space
- Minimum of two years of relevant financial services industry experience in a similar sales capacity, strong communicator, both written and verbal, and finally, effective in time management skills;
- An interest and curiosity in capital markets;
- Successful completion of a financial services industry program course (i.e. CSC, IFIC, CFA, CFP, CIM, CAIA etc).