Avenue Living Asset Management Ltd. ("Avenue Living") is looking for an Associate to join our growing investments team. Avenue Living is one of the largest real estate management firms in Western Canada with $2+ billion in assets owned and managed. The company is privately owned and led by a strong management team with institutional and entrepreneurial backgrounds. The team is looking to add a high-functioning, well rounded and detail orientated professional to join the existing investments team and add value to the investment process. The individual will have the opportunity to work in a high functioning, entrepreneurial environment.
This position will report to the Chief Operating Officer and help execute the team's strategy to acquire multi-residential, retail, office and industrial assets in Canada. The primary function of this role is to prepare financial underwriting on new investment opportunities, while also contributing to property due diligence/inspections and current property portfolio analysis, through identifying value enhancing strategies and preparing investment recommendations for the senior management team.
- Assist and lead in the valuation of new acquisition opportunities by leading due diligence and market research for new investments; inclusive of but not limited to evaluating past investments and/or financial performance, purchase terms and economic characteristics of the of the opportunity
- Analyze and prepare quarterly investment reports and recommendations for both investors and board members
- Assist the team with new financing and refinancing initiatives on portfolio assets as well as support the annual property valuation process by performing return calculations and analysis, as well as cash flow forecasting and budgeting
- Monitor investments to ensure milestones and underwriting assumptions are achieved, and assist in developing revised investment strategies
- Responsible for assisting with internal reporting and preparing the content and visual components of presentations for various stakeholders
- Accountable for keeping current on economic events, researching market reports and industry news that impact the real estate investment environment
Education and Qualifications:
- A University Degree with a concentration in finance or accounting. Holding or working towards CFA, CAIA or equivalent professional delegation would be considered an asset
- 3-5 years of experience as an Analyst or Associate with a real estate company, investment bank, private equity, brokerage or lender firm
- Ability to manage time effectively to handle competing demands and meet tight deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools as well as excellent oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Willing and able to travel within Canada as required