Frequently Asked Questions
Where are your properties located?
- We're proudly Albertan, but we love all the prairie Provinces. We operate in 18 locations across Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba which you can view on our listings page.
How do I qualify for a property rental with Avenue Living Communities?
- To simplify the process for yourself and our team, please bring proof of income and two pieces of personal identification to your viewing and we will get the application process started immediately! Our Resident Experience Specialist team is happy to assist with any other questions toll-free at 1-855-247-1492.
How long should I expect to wait after applying to live with ALC?
- All applications are quickly processed within two business days. To speed up the process please bring proof of income and two pieces of personal identification to your viewing and we will get the application process started immediately! Our Resident Experience Specialist team is happy to assist with any other questions toll-free at 1-855-247-1492.
Is rental insurance required?
- You can take comfort in knowing your belongings are safe, so that's why liability coverage is required. If you have your own coverage in place, please provide your Leasing Specialist with proof of insurance. Don't have your own plan? We can assist you with our preferred rates through our partnered rental insurance agency. Please contact your Leasing Specialist for more information.
Am I allowed to have pets?
- They're welcome to join you as they're part of the family too! We allow up to two cats and/or one dog under 20 lbs per household. We charge a monthly pet-fee of $25.00 per pet and a non-refundable pet deposit of $250.00 regardless of the number of pets. If you have any more questions, please contact your Leasing Specialist at your local Avenue Living Communities (ALC) office.
Are utilities included in the monthly rent?
- The short answer is that they can be! Utilities can be included for a fixed monthly rate on top of your rent payment with our hassle-free Utilities Program. We take care of everything! Please contact your Leasing Specialist to sign up.
Bachelor & 1 Bedroom: $55.00
2 Bedroom: $75.00
3 Bedroom: $95.00
Townhomes: $120.00 per utility
Want to take care of the utilities yourself? Please inform your Leasing Specialist.
When is my rent due?
- Your monthly rent is due on the first day of the calendar month. Please contact your Leasing Specialist with any further questions.
How can I make my rent payments?We've listened to our residents, so we have options for you!
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) taken directly from your bank account. Your Leasing Specialist can provide you with the forms required to set up this service.
- Pre-authorized credit card and pre-authorized debit card
- Post-dated cheque or money order made payable to "Avenue Living."
- E-transfer sent to email@example.com including name, unit and address in the message with your first name and last name in lower case as the password.
- Example: Message: Joe Bloggs, 101, 123 Avenue, Calgary
- Example: Password: joebloggs
Unfortunately, we don't accept cash as a method of payment at this time.
What if the 1st falls on a weekend or statutory holiday?
- If you're paying the easy way via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) from your bank account, your rent will be automatically deducted on the first business day of the month by your financial institution.
- Paying by pre-authorized credit or debit card? Your rent will be processed on the 1st of the month.
- Paying by post-dated cheque or money order? These will be presented to the bank on the first business day of the month.
What happens if I fail to pay my rent in full on the 1st of the month?
- Not to worry! If you're paying via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) then we will make a second submission for funds if the initial payment was declined for insufficient funds. Unfortunately, you will incur a late fee as outlined in your lease agreement. If you have outstanding monies owed, a late payment or eviction notice may be issued. Please note, failure to pay rent may result in eviction as per the Residential Tenancy Act.
Can I add another resident to my lease?
- You sure can! Our process is easy for you. The additional resident will need to go through the same approval process as you did. Therefore, please contact your Leasing Specialist to assist you with this request.
Can I sub-lease my suite?
- Unfortunately, we do not allow sub-leasing of suites as per your rental agreement. Please contact your Leasing Specialist for other options and we'll assist however we can.
Can I call my property manager outside of business hours?
- Our property managers are happy to assist you during regular business hours. Outside of regular business hours, we've still got you covered! Please refer to our contact information page for your city's after-hours emergency line.
I have an emergency, who do I need to contact?
- During business hours please contact our Resident Experience Specialist team toll-free at 1-855-247-1492. Outside of regular business hours please refer to our contact information page for your city's after-hours emergency line.
Something is broken and requires attention. How do I get it fixed?
- It's our duty of care to repair items promptly. Please contact our friendly Work Order Coordinator team toll-free at 1-855-247-1492 and we'll get your home back up-to-shape as soon as possible. Alternatively, you can submit a work order request online if you prefer.
I have lost my keys and I am locked out. Who should I contact?
- Don't worry! During business hours our Resident Experience Specialist team is available toll-free at 1-855-247-1492. We'll get you back inside safe and warm in no time at all. Outside of regular business hours please refer to our contact information page for your city's after-hours emergency line.
I want to move out immediately. How do I give notice?
- We're sad to see you go! Unfortunately, you will incur early lease termination charges as per your rental agreement if you intend to move out prior to your lease end date. You can contact your Leasing Specialist at your local ALC office for other options.
How do I renew my lease?
- We truly appreciate you're choosing to renew your lease. The details will be sent to you in a renewal letter which you may receive within 60 days of your lease expiry. If you are within the 60-day timeframe but have yet to receive it, please contact your Leasing Specialist at your local ALC office.