At Avenue Living Communities, we believe that our employees are the core of what makes our company unique and we hire people who have a passion for what they do. We strive to maintain a culture that offers everyone the opportunity to succeed.
We are seeking a talented property management professional to join our Saskatoon team, who is committed to creating exceptional experiences for our residents; as well as a strong leader motivated and driven by goals who leads by example.
Reporting to the Regional VP, Residential Operations, the Residential Portfolio Manager (RPM) is responsible for overseeing a portfolio of buildings and contributing to a best in class customer experience as it relates to our tenants. You will manage Avenue Living's front-line team of leasing specialists, maintenance associates, as well as external contractors. You will be responsible for ensuring efficient property operations, tenant satisfaction and meeting revenue and occupancy goals.
What you will be doing:
- Overseeing a portfolio of approximately 250 rental apartments
- Building and managing a team of 7 – 8 front-line staff
- Approving and submitting time sheets through Kronos in a timely manner
- Ensuring your team is adequately trained, equipped, and motivated
- Fostering a culture of cooperation and collaboration within the team
- Identifying opportunities for improvements in efficiency, cost effectiveness and resident experience
- Maintaining properties by investigating and resolving tenant complaints, enforcing rules of occupancy, inspecting vacant units and instructing repairs, planning renovations, and liaising with contractors and vendors
- Assuring that all vacant units are 100% market ready
- Developing professional relations with tenants; responding in a timely fashion to tenant concerns, questions, etc.
- Manage staffing issues promptly; conduct annual performance evaluations of staff
- Develop and implement a marketing plan; regularly shop rental properties; oversee application and rental standards and leasing practices
- Ensuring all maintenance and repairs are conducted in a timely and cost-efficient manner
- Ensuring quality of work, adhering to established standards
- Conducting weekly site inspections at each property
- Working with Leasing agent(s) to ensure occupancy goals are met, including showing available suites and administering leasing applications
- Diligently overseeing the collection of resident arrears; assisting with collections, reconciliations and adjustments
- Attending weekly meetings with your Regional VP, including reporting on occupancy, budgets, and building strategies.
What you need to succeed:
- Knowledge of good management practices and the ability to manage and coordinate a work team
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to lead by example and promote teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to assess quality workmanship
- Strong team player with demonstrated leadership and coaching skills and the ability to develop others
- Accountable and demonstrated sense of ownership
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with customer and personnel issues resulting in a positive outcome
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good judgement
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a supervisory role
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in multi-family property management of at least 700 units, with minimum of 3 years' at multi-site supervision and management level (preferred, not required)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and able to adeptly work with a variety of software platforms (Yuhu, Yardi, MRI)
- Knowledge of Residential Tenancy Act an asset
- Ability to climb at least 4 flights of stairs multiple times a day
- A Driver's License and reliable vehicle is required
- Must be willing to travel
- A clear criminal background check will be required
What we offer:
- Competitive base pay plus incentives
- Profit sharing
- Great benefits
- Exciting opportunities in a dynamic and rapidly-expanding company
How to apply:
If you feel you are uniquely qualified for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume.
Avenue Living is a fast-paced, fast-growing owner and operator of apartment buildings in Western Canada. Backed by our entrepreneurial spirit, passion and commitment to great customer service and satisfaction, we have acquired a portfolio in excess of 9000 apartments since our inception in 2006 and are continuing with this aggressive growth plan.