WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Participates in development and implementation of systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information, and managing accounting staff.
- Achieves accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; and implementing change.
- Meets accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; and preparing special reports.
- Assists in maintaining accounting controls by recommending a chart of accounts and accounting policies and procedures.
- Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy and applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation, enforcing accounting regulations, and recommending new procedures.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED?
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 5 years' of management experience in accounting/finance
- Must have experience in Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Yardi Voyager-7 experience would be considered an asset
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
- Must complete & pass a criminal record check
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- We live and breathe our core values. We go the extra mile. We're honest. We always have each other's back. We have tons of integrity. And we always own it and adapt – no matter the challenge.
- With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make.
- We provide a competitive compensation package composed of a group benefits plan, RRSP matching program, rent subsidy and discretionary profit-sharing program.
- We are committed to a strong safety work environment.
What makes us different makes us stronger. We want Avenue Living to be a great place to work for everyone; where people feel safe, included, inspired, trusted and supported so they can be, and bring, their best.
We're committed to creating a respectful and inclusive workplace where unique perspectives, experiences, backgrounds, cultures and attributes are valued and utilized to help achieve better results. As an organization with operations across different geographies, we celebrate the fact that our workforce is made up of people with diverse demographics.
We are committed to ensuring our workplace is fair, equitable and free of discrimination and harassment.